I’m going to be honest with you.. This is the first time I ever attempted to make a dessert with tofu. But I’m so happy I did!
It’s delicious, vegan, has protein, and it’s low-carb (30g of carbs per serving, less than an average granola bar!). It tastes exactly like a mojito, if your typical mojito was creamy and contained chocolate. The pudding is zesty, bold, and not too sweet.
The portion size is generous; you’ll definitely feel satisfied. Best of all the Vegan Chocolate Mojito Pudding is quick and easy to make. Let’s get started. And don’t worry, I promise you can’t taste the tofu!
Recipe makes 4 servings of pudding with 5g of protein in each
- 100g Dairy Free Dark Chocolate
- 300g Soft Tofu
- 1/2 oz of Rum
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- Zest of 1 Lime
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- Unsweetened shredded Coconut for Topping
- Use a cheese cloth or clean dish-towel to strain the soft-tofu. Ensure you have removed as much of the excess liquid as you can!
- In a double boiler (or a small pot with 2 inches of water and a glass bowl on top) melt the chocolate
- Save some lime zest and the shredded coconut for topping. Whisk all the remaining ingredients together
- Add the melted chocolate and whisk until the mixture is smooth. I used my KitchenAid with the whisk attachment, on setting 6, for one minute
- Top with shredded coconut and lime zest
- Refrigerate for a cooler treat or enjoy immediately like I did (=
Recipe By: Sofia Martimianakis