If you’re trying to go non-dairy, you might be missing your favourite dip! One of my all-time favourite snacks is pitas and/or chips with dip. I also love a heaping spoon or spread of something tasty with eats such as sandwiches, toast, burger patties, Buddha bowls and falafel.
While scrolling Instagram last week, I saw a vegan tzatziki on my feed and got inspired. I like tzatziki because it’s light and refreshing, and it pairs well with a lot of vegetarian foods too. I set out to find a recipe and gave it a shot this weekend as a take-along appetizer for a family dinner.
*Minimalist Baker is amazing. I just subscribed and checked out their Fan Favourites e-Book, and cannot wait to try many more recipes.
Thoughts (in no particular order)
- This was my first time buying unsweetened, unflavoured coconut yogurt. I went with Silk Cultured Plain Yogurt.
- I was amazed at the taste – it’s similar to sour cream, while I was expecting to still taste coconut. I’m so excited to use it in other non-dairy dip recipes.
- The dip turned out well, and was similar in taste to other tzatziki you may have had.
- I loved that it called for fresh dill and put extra in mine.
- My only word of caution is that my dip was pretty runny. This was likely from the yogurt I chose.**
Check it out, try it out, and let me know what you think!
**Update: after refrigerating overnight, the dip thickened up nicely 🙂