I had the chance to go behind the scenes with Rahil Rathod, the recent Gold Medal Recipient of the Canadian Culinary Federation (CCFCC) national competition. Chef Rahil has earned the honour of representing Canada in the upcoming World Chefs Global Chef Challenge this July in Malaysia.
Seventy Nations are competing in the Global Chefs Challenge Final to show off their culinary skills and win the title of “World’s Best Chef”. Team Canada is hoping to bring back gold by showcasing fresh Canadian ingredients on the global stage.
Check out my behind the scenes experience with the Global Chef Canada Team!
Support Team Canada by attending the Global Chef Canada Fundraiser on Sunday June 3rd at the Delta Toronto. It is sure to be an unforgettable evening! Join Chef Rahil and his team as they prepare some delicious food and explore the following interactive food stations:
- John Placko from Modern Culinary – Edible Helium Balloons
- Jeff Kang from Canis – Ranked #15th Best Restaurant in Canada
- John Morris – CN Tower
- The Ritz Carlton Culinary Team
- Cornel Ceapa – Acadian Caviar pairing with bubbles, including smoked sturgeon and sturgeon ceviche
- John Rocha-Culinary Federation – Live pizza station with Fornoteca pizza oven
- MC – Chef Devan from Loch & Quay as seen on Cityline
Plus enjoy Music by DJ Elegance, a Photo Booth, Silent Auction and so much more!
You can also support Team Canada by donating on their Go Fund Me Page. From what I tasted, they have a great chance to bring Canada back the gold!