There are so many benefits to High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). It’s the perfect efficient form of cardio to add to your workout regiment! Best of all you can get the whole family involved. Still need some convincing?
- HIIT workouts are quick (20 minutes or less!) perfect for busy days that you would otherwise skip the gym.
- Not only will you burn tons of calories during your workout, your body will continue to burn more fat in the 24 hours after your HIIT training! Amazing.
- Some HIIT workouts (like the one coming up in this post ) require ZERO EQUIPMENT
- HIIT workouts are great for your heart-health and help improve cardiovascular endurance!
- Lose weight without losing the muscle-mass you’ve been working hard to put on with resistance training.
- You can easily do a HIIT workout anywhere so it’s perfect for when you’re on vacation.
- Last but not least, HIIT workouts are challenging so even though you might feel a little awful during the workout you’ll feel amazing after you crush it!
Now that you have all the motivation you need, let’s get to today’s HIIT workout!
20 Split Squat Jumps (10 per side)
50m Flat Ground Sprints
Repeat the Circuit five times and work up to doing each exercise ten times
See the full HIIT workout here with a demo of each exercise:
Coach Sofia Martimianakis