Fall weather is finally here! For me that means it’s time for all my favourite fall activities including seasonal baking. This pumpkin spice cake is super easy to make and is sure to wow your guests.
It’s a moist and pleasantly spicy cake reminiscent of all things fall. Texture wise it’s closer to a carrot cake, and its spice level is comparable to a gingerbread loaf. It almost tastes like a fusion between a pumpkin pie and a pumpkin loaf. I think it’s going to become a new fall staple for my family!
- Betty Crocker Spice Cake Mix
- E.D. Smith Canned Pumpkin Pie Filling 540ml
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup Avocado Oil
- 2 Tbsp Orange Juice
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/3 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1/3 tsp Allspice
- 1/3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1 Brick of Cream Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Butter (melted)
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- A pinch each of Pumpkin Spice, Allspice and Cardamom
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Grease cake pan (I used butter)
- Combine all ingredients for cake other than the Spice Cake Mix and whisk well
- Add the Spice Cake Mix and whisk until the mix is combined well and the batter visibly expands in size. Proper aeration is key!
- Bake for 45-55 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center
- Beat the cream-cheese and melted butter until well blended
- Gradually add the icing sugar and continue to whisk
- Add the spices and vanilla and give it one final whisk
- Wait until cake is completely cooled to ice. Enjoy!
Recipe By Sofia Martimianakis