Toronto’s Best Kept Secret for Fall Colour Viewing

DSC01526

It’s not too late to enjoy the majesty of this season’s fall colours. If you enjoy tranquil walks with historical significance and ample fall colour viewing I have just the spot for you!

It’s a little unconventional, but the Mount Pleasant Cemetery is a scenic destination with wide paved paths and an abundance of beauty.

DSC01472

Their diverse tree collection makes Mount Pleasant Cemetery one of North America’s most significant arboretums. Visitors will enjoy the beautifully landscaped flower gardens as well as the unique sculptures and artistic memorials found throughout the grounds.

Mount Pleasant Cemetery is a great place in the city to go for a jog withΒ 1, 3 and 5km routes. The paved paths are also wheel-chair and stroller friendly.

The variety of plants and tranquil nature of the surroundings attract an array of birds and wildlife. Most notably, walking the paved paths and connecting trail systems is a relaxing experience that encourages self-reflection.

DSC01494

There’s no better day than today to start working towards your goals. If you’re looking for motivation to finally take the steps necessary to actualize your dreams, a cemetery walk might be just the kickstart you need.

The intricate tombstones serve as reminders that life is fleeting. Don’t be surprised if you leave contemplatingΒ what you can do to make the most of your time and how to better enrich the lives of your loved ones.

My experience visiting cemeteries was quite limited prior to my father’s passing. I can honestly say the idea of going for a cemetery stroll had never previously enticed me. When I moved to the midtown area, I began noticing the beauty of the Mount Pleasant Cemetery as we drove past.

In the Spring it boasts cherry blossoms, in the Summer gorgeous flower gardens, and in the Fall bold yellow, orange and deep red leaves .

DSC01531

I have yet to go in the winter but I imagine the paths will still be well kept. I frequent Mount Pleasant Cemetery for the calming walking experience.

It’s a little escape from the hustle and bustle of the city, the scenic tree lines beautifully uninterrupted by telephone wires.

The spacious paths are virtually empty on weekdays. I leave feeling empowered to make the most of the day and the week ahead. A great spot for brain-storming ways to leave your mark on the world!

Sofia Martimianakis

12 Comments Add yours

1. Anonymous says:

Lovely pictures.

Liked by 1 person

2. Krystalia Hatzinakos says:

Wow love the pics!

Liked by 1 person

3. Kathy says:

Great photos! πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

4. Sheree says:

Truly fabulous fall colours.

Liked by 1 person

5. lindasschaub says:

Just gorgeous – Fall is my favorite season … I love the leaf colors. I took a stroll through a cemetery earlier this year – it is 150 years old and was deserted. It was certainly not as picturesque as this one, but it is historical due to its age. It was a real treat!

Liked by 1 person

1. That sounds like an interesting place for a walk! Must have been relaxing too since it was deserted.

Liked by 1 person

6. Beautiful πŸπŸ‚

Liked by 1 person

7. Beautiful photos! Our cemetery isn’t so large but is very beautiful with the trees and nice paths, a great place for a quiet walk, listening to the birds and watching the deer which also frequent the place. Great article, thanks for sharing. Steve.

Liked by 1 person

1. So glad you enjoyed it! That sounds lovely, bird watching and seeing deer.

8. Simply Rudi says:

Great selection of photos

Liked by 1 person

9. JOY journal says:

I’m signing on. πŸ™‚ I need to get up there and to Quebec City for a vacation. Your blog will inspire me!! Blessings!