These brownie bites are chewy, moist, and have a nice chocolate banana flavour. Best of all they’re both gluten-free and toddler approved! Coconut Flour can be a tricky ingredient to bake with.. It’s definitely not a straightforward gluten-free substitution for flour. High in fibre, and low on the glycemic index coconut flour is a great flour alternative. But I suggest using a recipe like this one that specifically calls for coconut flour so that the other ingredient ratios are adjusted accordingly.
- 3 ripe Bananas
- 2 Tbsp Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Espresso Powder
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar or Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line baking pan with parchment paper and grease. I used a 9 inch loaf pan.
- Mash bananas. Add Peanut Butter, Eggs, and Vanilla and whisk well.
- Add Espresso Powder, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt and mix.
- Add Sugar or Maple and Chocolate Chips and mix.
- Finally add the Coconut Flour and mix until well combined.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- After it cooled I cut it into Brownie Bites that my daughter loved.
Recipe By: Sofia Martimianakis